Wednesday, September 26, 2012

As Promised....


Greetings and a Reminder:

I write this blog as we go through ET Mehta Casting with our daughter Olivia. The blog is intended to inform, possibly inspire, and raise awareness of Infantile Scoliosis and its treatment/cure. Please share our story. For more information please check out http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/ 

Here are some pictures of Olivia in her new cast! Daddy had the day off from work today, so Olivia enjoyed waffles for breakfast and a fun day visiting her cousin and grandmother. Olivia's next casting is scheduled for Thanksgiving week. And without further ado...






6 comments:

  1. When Ellie finally gets her cast we should set up a play date :) Right now I am waiting to see if we can get on the Shriners calendar since that will save us a lot of money. May I ask... I didn't see this but I was wondering if you guys went for a MRI before casting?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did do an MRI. I think I talk about it it my first or second post. :-)

      Delete
    2. Thanks... confirms that we should go with SC. Now I just have to wait on the scheduling. I wish we could go to a doc close by but they refused to treat under 1 year old and all the other docs say that you need to treat ASAP no matter what.

      Delete
    3. Maybe you can start her casting at a distance, and then when she is in the age bracket for Children's you could pick it up there, so you don't have to travel anymore. I know you had a bad experience, but I have been very happy with Dr. G. and maybe you could work something out in the future. :-) Keep me updated and we would love a play date!

      Delete
    4. We will see. I felt like my concerns were completely blown off and I do not appreciate being talked down to especially when it turns out I am right! I am holding out hope that if we cast soon that we can get it corrected quickly. Greenville is quite nice and I might like traveling come winter since it has got to be warmer in SC! :) I am hoping to be able to get the MRI done up here otherwise I will have to do a week and a half long trip.

      We will need that playdate since I need all the tips and tricks :)

      Delete