Sunday, August 19, 2012

Rut Ro!


Greetings and a Reminder:

I write this blog as we go through ET Mehta Casting with our daughter Olivia. The blog is intended to inform, possibly inspire, and raise awareness of Infantile Scoliosis and its treatment/cure. Please share our story. For more information please check out http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/ 



Well it's happened. It didn't take long. We succeeded in getting Olivia's cast wet! It's Mama's fault. I left  a glass of lemonade on the end table and forgot about it. Olivia was playing, happy as a clam and we were watching Big Brother....yeah we hadn't seen it in a couple of weeks....Anyway, all of I sudden I hear a large splash as if a glass was spilled. Sure enough Olivia had grabbed the glass off of the end table and attempted to drink from it pouring it all over herself and her face! 

We then proceeded to dash upstairs to the bathroom and sit on the counter with the blow dryer. She was scared of it at first, but after watching Mommy and Daddy with it, and some toys as distraction, she sat and allowed us to attempt to dry the cast. This was not an easy task. A half hour of sitting there trying to dry the cast and it still feels damp.It's very hard to get down there!  I also used a dry face cloth to sop up some of the liquid. It's only the front top that's damp....I'm nervous now that we've ruined it. We'll see tomorrow....until then....

***UPDATE 08/20***

I am happy to report that the cast appears fine! :-D

4 comments:

  1. Hello, my first time here. I must say Olivia is absolutely beautiful :) So glad her cast seems good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes she's doing very well. Children are so resilient!

      Delete
  2. I love that Olivia is just going about her business, brushing her teeth, while the two of you work on drying the cast. What a cutie!

    Glad that it all turned out well!

    Stopping by from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally laughed after I took this picture. Things like this are always funny if you step outside the situation. Happily it all worked out fine :-)

      Delete