Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Enjoying our time in Maine


Greetings and a Reminder:

I write this blog as we go through ET Mehta Casting with our daughter Olivia. The blog is intended to inform, possibly inspire, and raise awareness of Infantile Scoliosis and its treatment/cure. Please share our story. For more information please check out http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/ 


This week we are vacationing in Wells, ME. So far we've been having a wonderful time. We went to the zoo and we even snuck in a little beach time. I made sure to purchase a long sleeved high neck swim shirt for Olivia. It covered the cast well and we made sure she only walked on compact sand. We only stayed for about a half hour. It was perfect. When we got home I hosed down her legs and feet. Olivia is loving the time she is spending with her cousin. I have included some pictures.









On a side note, Olivia has some skin irritation on the backside of her right hip. I didn't pack any moleskin with me so I've been putting some Neosporin and band aides on it. :-/ She's also been extra sweaty because there's no air conditioning where we're staying. Having central air in our home has been a huge advantage for regulating Olivia's body temperature. Her cast is starting to get that "stinky cast smell", and man that undershirt is grimy! I did have some success in washing the collar during her last bath though. I have to tip my hat to all the single parents with casted babies out there. A lot of this cast maintenance has been a two person job. I bow down to all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment