Sunday, March 24, 2013

Happy Birthday Baby Girl


Greetings and a Reminder:

I write this blog as we go through ET Mehta Casting with our daughter Olivia. The blog is intended to inform, possibly inspire, and raise awareness of Infantile Scoliosis and its treatment/cure. Please share our story. For more information please check out http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/ 


Last week our baby girl turned 2. Where the last two years went I'll never know. I'm afraid to blink because if I do she'll be 15! 

The best birthday present Olivia received was another full weekend cast free, which we are currently enjoying. My husband and I have been saying that we have been blessed with one happy child, but she's never as happy as she is out of cast. 


I took Friday off from work and we went to the hospital early to enjoy lunch at Au Bon Pain. We then proceeded upstairs to get her cast off. Olivia had been talking all week about her cast coming off. We were all excited this time, because man did it reek! When we walked into the cast room, Olivia became scared and began to cry. She usually cried a bit, but this time I could see the fear. She did calm down and even gave the cast tech, "Big O" a fist bump. This time her back not only looked great, but was covered in glitter! Ha! Dr. G came and looked at her and I reminded him about her x-ray in May. I'm trying so hard to not get my hopes up. I really, really, really want this next cast to be her last.










Her skin looks great and has remained looking great through the weekend. Her belly isn't even as purple or dry as it has been in the past. I'm glad that we split the cast and I will have to be very diligent this time about the tightness. 

We have been enjoying lots of cuddles and bath times!




The best part of the weekend, however, was getting to share her squishiness with all of her family and friends at her royal highness' birthday party. Two weeks prior we took some pictures of Little Miss at the Fall River Carousel. Here are some pictures from both. 













It's been a wonderful weekend. Of course all good things must come to an end. Her next cast will be applied Tuesday. Let's all think positive thoughts that this will be her last cast. Then we can move on to the next phase....life in a brace. Well, off to enjoy more squishy hugs!

2 comments:

  1. We miss each other by a day on casting :( Best of luck with the next one and I hope you don't have those troubles again. I was hoping our next would be our last as well but I have a feeling E's back got worse in the last cast not better. Our xray in May will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart! Her back looks great Laura...

    ReplyDelete