Monday, November 26, 2012

Giving Thanks and Ready for Cast 3


Greetings and a Reminder:

I write this blog as we go through ET Mehta Casting with our daughter Olivia. The blog is intended to inform, possibly inspire, and raise awareness of Infantile Scoliosis and its treatment/cure. Please share our story. For more information please check out http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/ 

Hello!

Long time no blog! Life for us has just been ssssoooo normal that I didn't have much to talk about. I know I've said it before, but I know that it can be reassuring the more you hear it; daily life is not hugely affected by casting. If you're a parent who is new to this PLEASE believe me when I say it. 

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and I know that Olivia is thankful for cast #2 coming off today. This cast was WAY too tight! The poor girl is purple from the belly button down. I must say she was in a wonderful mood tonight. Better than she has been over the past few days. I think she was really becoming uncomfortable in her turtle shell. Of course it also doesn't help that she's teething. Two new molars are coming in. With all that in consideration she has been a saint! I think 9 weeks in cast may be one week too long. It was supposed to be 8 weeks, but the Dr. rescheduled to this week. Here's hoping we can do 8 for the next one. 






Mommy and Daddy are also thankful this evening for all the fun squishy baby time we had. Olivia also got a nice long bubble bath. How her back gets so filthy under that cast I'll never know. The front I can understand but the back?!?! How does it all get in there?!?! Unfortunately, she got a particle of something right on her pressure point leaving a couple of little pin holes on her back. Nothing serious, but my hope is the air will heal them up quickly so they don't become a problem in the new cast. 

Anyway, here are some photos from Thanksgiving, cast #2 removal, and bath time. I know this may appear repetitive from the cast #1 post, but for us, it is a very special time that never gets old. I can't wait for the day we get her last cast off and she can run and play freely, and I can rub her back at bed time, or when she's sad, or sick. Don't take the simple joys for granted. Please enjoy the photos and I will post tomorrow letting you know how things go. Thanks for reading!

Thanksgiving




Cast off






Cuddle/Bath Time










2 comments:

  1. Wow... I am not looking forward to what under the cast looks like. In two weeks we are getting E's removed!!! :) I can't wait for her to have a real bath. Do you know what her Cobb angle is now? Are you close to being done? I am anxious to see how much actual correction we got from this cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray for cast 1 coming off! You will love the bath/cuddle time! We have no idea at this point what anything is with regards to her spine. They won't do an out of cast x-ray until July. They try to minimize x-rays as much as possible because of the radiation. We're totally fine with that. From what I could feel, her ribs are definitely more aligned. Please let me know how things go!

      Delete