Monday, October 22, 2012

Checking In


Greetings and a Reminder:

I write this blog as we go through ET Mehta Casting with our daughter Olivia. The blog is intended to inform, possibly inspire, and raise awareness of Infantile Scoliosis and its treatment/cure. Please share our story. For more information please check out http://www.infantilescoliosis.org/ 


Hello!

Not much going on here. I just wanted to post a quick entry to let everyone know that all is well for the most part. I am finding that I have to closely monitor Olivia's skin with this cast. This cast seems to be tighter than the last one and so she's getting a lot of irritation on her hips. I added more moleskin (which was a pain in the butt) and I'm hoping that will help. This cast just didn't loosen up as much as the last one. I sure hope she can make it the full 9 weeks. It was going to be 8 weeks, but Dr. G rescheduled because he'll be away when she was initially scheduled to get her next cast.....fingers crossed. Here are some pictures taken over the weekend. I'll be sure to post some pictures of Olivia in her Halloween costume (Abby Cadabby). Until then....





5 comments:

  1. Hi there. We are going in for E's cast tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck! Please let me know how it all goes and if you have any questions about anything!

      Delete
    2. I have a million questions. Did you duct tape on top of the shirt? Wear did you put the mole skin on top or under the shirt. The nurse told me to duct tape inside the cast. Did you do that. How long did the crankiness last. Whenever she is awake she is crying and that is not her normal demean.

      They got her to perfectly straight in cast when she was more than 47 out of cast.

      Delete
    3. We did not duct tape on top of the shirt. The moleskin is placed around all of the exposed edges of the cast that come in contact with the skin; the top, the bottom, and the front and rear holes. Do NOT put duct tape on the inside of the cast. That will only cause skin irritation for your little one. Olivia was never cranky with it, but if she's cranky give her some baby tylenol. They say that the discomfort can last for a day or two. Past that I would call because there could be something bothering her with the cast. I'm glad to hear that she is straight in the cast! Does her cast go over the shoulders? Hope all this helps. If you have more questions please don't hesitate to email me! :-)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete